Welcome To My Creative Journey- The Next Half Century

WELCOME TO MY CREATIVE JOURNEY - The Next Half Century
From knitting to cooking, jewelry making to painting, gardening to journaling, I love it all and would love for you to share it with me

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Break and Restful Nights

Charcoal sketch edited with picnik.com

Since my "Art in the Park" art fair ended, I have been on an extended vacation of sorts. No real concrete comittments until the fall (I'll chat about that later), only fun and optional ones for the summer. So that gives me some free time to explore a few new thingamajigs roaming around in the universe. One being, the photo editing site picnik.com.  It's a really cool and powerful site with a lot of free photo editing tools with the option of paying a monthly fee to expand those tools.

My first attempt was this charcoal sketch I did a while back. Here it is in it's original state.....

Original charcoal sketch

I know this site has been around for quite awhile, but I just never seemed to have the time (or really knew what it was) to explore it.
BUT NOW......
oh no!  I already spend too much time on the internet...now this! 
I really need to make a daily plan.....
that's what my dear husband says anyhow
 I think he is right and I actually have put it on my to do list 
(somewhere, kinda right in the middle). 
I will do it because I know I need too, especially now without the commitment of that day job I quit back in November 2010
(that's another story). 

Anyhow, I wanted to share this with you all just in case you haven't heard about it and have been wanting to do some editing on your photos but didn't know how to go about it. 

And me, well I am just happy I discovered this "fabulous photo editing tool" so I can manipulate some of the sketches and paintings I have done to use in my jewelry and sewing projects.

I hope you are enjoying a 
restful
 creative
 and 
eventful 
summer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol, I got your email,thanks! I am in the US now...

    I love picnik... I use is too! I can spend a whole day 'playing' on that site!

    Love your sketch and adore what you did with it on picnik!

    Incidentally, are you aware that we have an etsy team for the flying lessons people?

    Flying Lessons E-Course Alumni 2010 - Etsy Teams

    Go check it out if you want to join.

    Enjoy your summer Carol!
    Cheers ! xox

    ReplyDelete